The Fox Sisters
Modern American Spiritualism began with them in Hydesville, NY, March, 1848 when they communicated with a dead peddler murdered in their house basement many years before.
Mr. John Priston started the First Spiritualist Church of McKeesport. Meetings were first held at Held’s Hall at the corner of Market and Fifth Avenues in McKeesport, Pennsylvania. Later, the members were able to purchase a church building at 809 Locust Street, McKeesport, where our present services are held.
The Pennsylvania State Association was organized February 27, 1908 and our Charter #104 was issued January 2, 1926; however, the state charter disbanded in August, 1989.
The National charter for our church, dated May 23, 1904, and was rechartered under Charter #681 in 1989 (after the state charter was disbanded). The church continues to operate in its present status.
What is Spiritualism
Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of Mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World. Visitors and guests are welcome to learn more about Spiritualism as practiced by our denomination by speaking with any members present, from printed brochures available in the sanctuary, or by visiting the NSAC website at NSAC.
DECLARATIONS OF PRINCIPLES
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them”.
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of prophecy and healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
National Spiritualist Association of Churches
Lily Dale Assembly
5 Melrose Park
Lily Dale, NY 14752
Ashley Spiritualist Camp
PO. Box 277
Ashley, OH 43003-0277
Selina Duffey, Secretary